Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fear for the new year

Don't know how much I should panic. This year's flu strain is not covered by the vaccine(although I'm told that it still buffers the effects somewhat; I always avoid the shot, just to be different), the increasingly scary economic news, and there's some horrible worm from the Ukraine(sorry, it's just Ukraine, no the; however, Gambia does prefer the Gambia- remember this) that may have already attacked your computer. I'm switching to Linux. You know what the problem w/ technology is? All these programs are made by right brain(I think; I always get the hemispheres mixed up) types who, though intelligent and better contributors to society than I, can't communicate well to a normal audience. I've got a degree, albeit a cushy liberal arts degree, so I'm at least functionally intelligent. I should be able to figure more of this out on my own. Ahh, I can't wait until we get to the stage where Capt. Picard justs says, computer, do so and so and the computer has to ask him questions to clarify things. Oh well.
P.S. Failing the nerd test. Picard is the superior officer. It must be nice to make out w/ green and blue women, but isn't that some sort of dereliction of duty?

No comments:

Post a Comment